How corona is bringing me closer to world fame #post2

Online sources learn me that it was Andy Warhol in 1968 who predicted that "in the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes". I assume Andy had in mind that it was cumulative in one's total life span, allowing someone to gather seconds or minutes here and there that add up to this exact amount. Since 1968 the world population has more than doubled, so you could wonder if we should be grateful with 7,5 minutes already, knowing the impact will be more than double.

I like to see glasses to be half full rather than half empty. Despite the truly heartbreaking stories worldwide and in my near surroundings, corona has brought good things as well. The meetings I organise with my team for the Dutch water and environmental technology companies, used to be physical meetings. More and more I realise I hate agendas, minutes, action list and disappointments about the attendance rates. So different now, with monthly video calls of less than an hour, exactly long enough to check on actions and look forward to the coming weeks. Yes, I do miss the small talk, the pre- and after chats, but productivity and impact have definitely increased.


The annual Dutch water technology exhibition Aqua Nederland was postponed to June initially and later to March 2021. The organiser has now set up a virtual exhibition, including speakers, virtual stands, matchmaking, and -I suppose- virtual hamburgers and beer. I really appreciate the efforts of Easyfairs to enter this quite unknown and uneasy domain. Tomorrow the ENVAQUA's Expert group Fluid sensoring & control solutions will be streaming the TechTalk on simulation and prediction of the health of assets to enable a more concise drinking water demand prediction. Cool stuff that is. And yes, as host of this broadcast, my presentation, my show, my face will be viewed and appreciated all over the world. I'm so sure. My stopwatch will be running!


Comments

  1. He Ignaz, is there a link to the talk online somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robbie! Yas there is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOTtC05LMI. It's in Dutch but that shouldn't bother you. Hope you're fine

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Consulting like rabbits #post3

Appreciation for European's slow progress, thanks to Trump and Biden (and Brexit) #post 6